Job Title: Human Resource & Administration Officer
Organization: Straight Talk Foundation (STF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Straight Talk Foundation (STF) is a health communications National Non Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 1993. For the past 25 years it has been the leading provider of various social and behavior change communication programs to various stakeholders in Uganda. The organization has immense experience in the use of modern communication program approaches in addressing diverse health and development issues. STF implements activities through print, radio and face to face communication. Its programs and interventions target young people as its primary audience, while parents and teachers are its secondary audience. STF utilises highly effective behaviour change communication models and combines mass media and face to face community outreach and mobilization programs.
Job Summary: The Human Resource & Administration Officer at Straight Talk Foundation (STF) will be responsible for implementation of STF human resource and administration policies and guidelines so to maximize productivity and growth of the employees and the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Straight Talk Foundation (STF) Human Resource & Administration Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Humanities. Post graduate training in Human Resource Management is an added advantage.
- At least three years of relevant working experience in HR, preferably with an NGO.
- Demonstrated understanding and proﬁciency in the field of Human Resources Management and ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Good understanding of national legal requirements relating to HR, including labour laws and administrative law.
- Knowledge of the organisational policies, systems and procedures formulation and management.
- Good interview, negotiation and counseling skills.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including inﬂuencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encourages to apply online with a copy of updated CV and a cover letter (attached as one document) indicating three professional referees addressed to;
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Straight Talk Foundation
Plot 4, Acacia Avenue, Kololo
P.O Box 22366, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line.
Deadline: 27th July 2018 by 05:00pm