Job Title: Security Officer
Organization: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Job Ref: NEMA/ADV/EXT/15/2019
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was established under the National Environment Act Cap. 153 to promote and ensure sound environmental management practices for sustainable development in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Security Officer will provide overall supervision of security of the Authority staff and property.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and supervise the security function;
- Advise management on security issues;
- In-charge of security alertness and consciousness and liaise with security institutions;
- Handle security threats and report to the supervisor for immediate action;
- Monitor the surveillance equipment and make routine reports; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the NEMA Security Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Professional training in security service forces;
- Discharge certificate for those who have served in armed forces.
- At least three years of work experience in a related position.
- Ability to quickly detect security threats
- Physical fitness;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
How to Apply:
All ideal candidates should send their applications by hand, electronic mail or through post office enclosing copies of certificates/testimonials and detailed curriculum vitae indicating 3 referees addressed to:-
The Executive Director
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
NEMA House, Plot 17/19/21 Jinja Road,
P.O. Box 22255 Kampala
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 5th August 2019 by 5:00pm