Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
Organization: Kiira Motors Corporation
Duty Station: Kampala or Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Information Systems Manager
Salary Scale: K6
Kiira Motors Corporation or KMC is a State Enterprise in Uganda established to champion the Development of the Domestic Automotive Value Chain for job and wealth creation.
The IT Systems Administrator shall be responsible for effective provision, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software, related infrastructure, vehicle autonomous and connected systems. The IT Systems Administrator will also have the role(s) of Database Administration, IT Support, Information Systems Engineering, or Network Administration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, monitor and troubleshoot all installed software systems and hardware infrastructure;
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools;
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability;
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes;
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies;
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks;
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems;
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support;
- Carry out preventive maintenance on all company IT hardware systems;
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Information Systems Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Computer Science, Information Systems and Information Technology or Related Field from a recognized Institution;
- General Working Experience of at Least Five (5) Years; Three (3) of which should have been Served in the as an IT Systems Administrator in a Reputable Organization
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python);
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP);
- Solid Cloud experience;
- Comfortable working in a Linux Environment;
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box); and
- Detailed General purpose personal and Networking Computer hardware and Software.
- Ethics and integrity;
- Team work;
- Concern for results;
- Listening and effective Communication skills; and
- Time Management
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates must send your application through email to [email protected] Please note that we are not accepting hand-delivered applications. Your application should include the following documents Only in PDF Format: A duly signed application Letter (Cover Letter) addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Kiira Motors Corporation.
- A duly signed CV (Please use this CV template). Certified copies of Academic Documents (Certificates and Transcripts). Only copies certified by the awarding institution will be accepted.
- We do appreciate your interest in working with us, however, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews through e-mail and Telephone calls within two (2) working days after close of Applications.
- Shortlisted candidates shall sit a Competence and Aptitude Test. All candidates who pass the Competence and Aptitude Test shall proceed to the next stage which shall be the Oral Interview. Candidates shall be informed of the date and time of the Tests/Interviews two (2) working days in advance.
Deadline: 17th July 2020