Job Title: Driver
Organization: Tropical Heat (U) Ltd
Duty Station: Namanve, Uganda
Reports to: Stores Supervisor
Tropical Heat (U) Ltd was established in 1973 as a small ethnic snack cottage industry. Today, we are one of the leading manufacturers of spices and snacks in the East African region and our brand Tropical Heat is a household name in Kenya and Uganda. In Uganda, we trade as Tropical Heat (U) Ltd.
Job Summary: The Driver ensures that the vehicle is well driven and maintained and assists in goods transportation and delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Vehicle maintenance: Ensures that maintenance and servicing of vehicles assigned is done and that the vehicle is always in perfect condition.
- Fuelling: Updates log books accurately and on time on every destination to ensure proper fuel accountability at any given time.
- Legal compliance: Complies with all the set traffic legal laws & requirements and avoids any traffic offenses.
- Tool accountability. Ensures full accountability of all vehicle tools.
- Accidents: Tactically drives well and ensures zero road accident.
- Delivery: Ensures timely and accurate deliveries of goods.
- Updates: Keep in constant contact with the supervisor to report any issues on and after delivery.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a UACE or diploma with experience in the same field.
- At least five years of experience in driving.
- Essential: Must possess a valid driving permit class CM.
- Essential: Understanding of routes within Kampala and the neighbouring areas.
- Essential: Understanding of traffic rules and road signs.
- Desirable: Defensive driving training.
- Desirable: Basic Mechanical Knowledge.
- Honesty and hard work
- Energy and passion
- Attention to detail
- Team spirit.
- Well-developed Interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
How to Apply:
If you believe you match the requirements listed above, please deliver your resume (CV), copies of certificates, Valid driving permit references, and cover letter not more than 250KB to [email protected] with the job role clearly indicated in the email subject line.
Deadline: 19th July 2019 by 5:00 pm.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.