Job Title: Strategic Planning & Business Development Executive
Organisation: Uganda Airlines
Duty Station: Entebbe International Airport, Uganda
Uganda Airlines is the National Carrier of the Republic of Uganda based at Entebbe International Airport. It is headquartered in Entebbe, Wakiso District, Uganda, and operates from its hub in Entebbe International Airport.
Job Summary: The Strategic Planning & Business Development Executive will contribute towards the development of Uganda Airlines strategic plan, and identify inorganic growth opportunities for the Airline. Participate in the development of Uganda Airlines Group strategic plan and identify industry trends, potential challenges and incorporate them in Group’s strategic plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing a full range of strategic planning functions; including the development of the Agency’s strategic, operational and business plans
- Responsible for providing financial analysis to ensure compliance with the Financial Management.
- Assist in the coordination of Airlines strategic planning calendar
- Strategy Planning – Drive the development and validation of plans for growth that achieve the long-term vision for Uganda Airlines. Activities include environmental scanning, gap analysis, strategic analysis and formulation, investment analysis, modelling, and R&D support.
- Identify emerging industry and marketplace trends, synthesize to key insights, and communicate implications to leadership
- Provide guidance on potential strategies to leverage insights that reflect company growth and increased industry value
- Identify opportunities for investment, and partner with functional areas to build business cases that justify them
- Communicate strategic recommendations and use influence to gain support from internal and/or external senior leadership
- Partner with other teams across the organization as a strategic planning resource for support and advice
- Strategy Execution – Monitor the implementation of Uganda Airlines strategic plan, learn from divergence, and adapt. Activities include performance management, change management, and risk management.
- Provide consistent, managed visibility into the execution of corporate strategy
- Identify and analyse strategy implementation issues and drive decision-making to move the strategy forward
- Incorporate and communicate change to keep the organization aligned
- Monitor and test assumptions supporting the corporate strategy, and evaluate the impact of deviations to ensure necessary adjustments are made
- Support any other projects and initiatives that require a customer point of view.
- Review and report targets and new/existing management dashboard KPIs
- Conduct research to advice on the prospecting opportunities directed by Board and Management.
- Monitoring and reporting on the Airline’s performance against targets
- Evaluate possible investments in Airlines and non-Airlines
- Review of Uganda Airlines inorganic growth strategy and evaluate investment opportunities.
- Maintain the sales database to provide relevant and up to date competitor information to the global sales force and others in the organization.
- Administer the sales database and continue its expansion to other operating roles throughout the company
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Airlines Strategic Planning & Business Development Executive job placement must hold a University Bachelor in Business Management or Business Development Degree, or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred. Economics, Statistics, Strategic Planning or a related field.
- Background in Business Development, Business Administration, Economics or Finance is a plus.
- At least three years’ experience performing financial or statistical analysis (utilizing advanced features of Microsoft Excel, or an equivalent tool); integrated strategic planning, financial reporting, return on investment and total cost of ownership analyses; and performance measurement or benchmarking.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Uganda Airlines should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates with one passport size photograph (one full size photograph for Cabin Crew applicants) should be submitted online, Click Here or by post quoting the Job Reference number accordingly.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Manager Human Resources.
Uganda National Airlines Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda.
Deadline: 15th August 2019