Job Title: Marketing and Sales Associate
Organization: Jibu Uganda
Reports to: Franchise Support Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Founded in 2012, Jibu is a pioneering a powerful new model that provides opportunities for entrepreneurs to own businesses that ensure access to basic human necessities in under served, emerging market communities. Jibu has scaled a network of locally owned, economically independent franchises/businesses that sell safe drinking water to their communities while offering life-changing training and employment to their staff.
Empowered by a belief in the ability of eye-to-eye partnership to unleash latent entrepreneurial talent, Jibu is transforming the challenge of addressing basic human needs into an expansive opportunity that allows thousands of young entrepreneurs to build lasting solutions, one neighborhood at a time. The company’s ultimate vision is to train, finance, and grow a network of co-invested business owners who will revolutionize the way critical resources participate in emerging markets.
Jibu is looking for a highly organized and pro-active Marketing and Sales Associate with experience in direct sales, sales team management and project management to lead the execution of the company’s sales and marketing strategy in Uganda.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
The position is responsible for exceptional customer relationships that are both befitting of the Jibu brand and promote the needed trust to result in increased business through value added placements and sales.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educate and excite customers about our products.
- Develop sales and marketing plans and strategies for long term business growth while achieving the company’s annual sales growth goals.
- Responsible for generating sales in the assigned territory.
- Consultative selling – analyze and understand our customer needs and trends to help them grow their profitability.
- Sell incremental displays, equipment placements and promotional programs.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels, signage (point of sale) and displays at all outlets.
- Determine stores’ product needs and transmit appropriate replenishment orders.
- Communicate and collaborate account activities to appropriate business partners
- Utilize sales force automation tools.
- Lead and execute the sales process from prospecting through proposal, order and post order activities to drive desired sales outcomes
- Manage key customer relationships and lead the development and closing of all strategic customer opportunities.
- Understand customer needs and expectations to develop our value proposition.
- Assimilate and communicate market segment research and competitor analysis.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors/Diploma in a relevant subject
- Advanced degree a plus
- Experience using any design, graphic design applications (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience working at FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) company
- Knowledge of other local languages (aside from Luganda)
- At least 2 years focused on either sales and/or marketing at a consumer products company
- At least 1 year of field sales experience, selling products directly to customers
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with organized data entry & data analysis using MS Excel
- Basic knowledge of economic principles, with ability to read and understand profit and loss statements
- Very well organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task multiple projects & priorities at one time
- Self-starter, able to think creatively and solve problems on the fly in order to accomplish the goal
- Very good with people; Confident but empathetic; Results-oriented person who plays to win but strives for mutual benefit
- Eager to get hands-dirty and be in the field, with 80% time in field and 20% in office
- Must enjoy being with customers, attending to their needs and satisfying customers regardless of income categories and backgrounds
- Strong desire to have a lasting impact on Uganda in terms of economic and social development
- Fluency in English and Luganda.
Note: This position is open only to Ugandan nationals or persons holding a valid work permit for Uganda.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Send resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible. Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to every individual application we receive. If you do not receive an invitation for an interview from us within 4 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Start date: Position available immediately, preferred July 2019