Job Title: Office Manager
Organization: Mengo Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Personal Assistant to the Medical Director
Mengo Hospital was founded in 1897 in Kampala, and is the oldest hospital in Uganda. It currently serves as an urban community hospital that provides modern medical care. Mengo Hospital provides comprehensive care including radiology, obstetrics, dentistry, orthopedics, and surgery. Additionally, Mengo Hospital provides critical training and education to health professionals through its various programs in midwifery and nursing, health sciences, and laboratory technology. Mengo Hospital also has a dedicated research and development team that works to find new solutions to health issues in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Office Manager is responsible for the management of the Administration front desk and execution of all clerical work for the administration team
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of making arrangements for all meetings including Annual General Meetings, BOG, Board Committees and sub-committees, Hospital Management Team meetings, Doctors, and In-charges(refreshments, lunch and Boardroom), Preparing documents for meetings , Taking minutes and drawing action papers from the same for above meetings in time.
- Ensuring timely processing and delivery of all office communication, documents including duty rosters, medical reports, departmental reports, circulars, to their final destinations
- Heading oversight of the Administration Front desks ensuring that visitors and other staff get the best customer care, ensuring that the reception areas are well organized to reflect the image of Mengo Hospital.
- Receive incoming calls and direct them accordingly thus ensuring clear and helpful telephone reception.
- Ensure proper use of office sundries and replacement in time
- Ensuring cleanliness of the administration Offices
- Management of Deputy Medical Director Clinical Services’ office (document filing, mail delivery and dispatch, calendar management, meeting scheduling and minute recording, office supplies and logistics)
- Taking care of administration office assets and equipment placed under your care and under the care of the people you supervise
- Maintaining office records and ensure that filing systems are up to date
- Receive and record all incoming and outgoing mails in the mail book and ensure timely dispatch to final destinations/right offices
- Give clerical and administrative support to the Hospital Management Team as and when called upon
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies, Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar role in a busy environment
- Experience working with high level company executives, Directors, Senior Managers an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and interacting tactfully with people of all levels.
- Articulate, cordial, hospitable and pleasant personality
- Good telephone etiquette
- Discretion and trustworthiness especially when handling confidential information, with high level of confidentiality.
- Organizational skills and flexibility
- Good attitude towards work and Team work
- Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimal supervision
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with relevant qualifications and experience should submit their application letters, detailed Curriculum vitae (CV), copies of academic transcripts, certificates, and valid contacts details (email and telephone) of three (3) Professional referees electronically by filling a form on our website at the link below;
Deadline: 2nd August 2019
- No hand delivered applications will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.