Job Title: Driver (2 Job Vacancies)
Organization: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administration Manager
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as “a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive Uganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.”
Job Summary: The incumbent will drive organisational motor vehicles and carry out basic vehicle checks to enable people move from one place to another to carry out official business of the Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive organization vehicles to enable people move from one place to another to meet the organization objectives.
- Keep organization vehicles mechanically sound in line with Uganda traffic laws.
- Renew organization vehicle licenses in line with vehicle policy and traffic laws;
- Capture data on individual vehicles for repairs and service;
- Verify all repairs and service done by the respective garages;
- Verify requisition form for vehicle maintenance;
- Ensure compliance of regulations of vehicle maintenance;
- Capture data on monthly fuel consumption for individual vehicles (routine);
- Provide update on status of insurance and car tracking facilities;
- Assist in scheduling vehicles for weekly/monthly washing;
- Report all motor vehicles incidents in line with the Authority’s guidelines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the NITA-U Driver job placement should hold a Uganda Ordinary Certificate of Education or its equivalent;
- At least 3 driving classes plus valid driving license;
- A certificate in Defensive Driving or basic mechanical engineering qualification is an added advantage
- Ability to ride motor cycle with a valid riding licence is an added advantage
- A minimum of three years of driving experience with a reputable public or private commercial or donor funded organization
- Communications: Very good communication skills (spoken and written), including the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences on environmental related matters, good negotiation skills and to prepare a variety of written documents, contracts, reports, etc. in a clear, concise style.
- Teamwork: Very good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Integrity: Must be a person of proven honesty and does not tolerate corruption and unethical behaviours in all its forms and manifestations.
- Innovation: Must be a person with ability to seek new ways of doing things efficiently to deliver value to our customers.
- Customer Centricity: Must be a person who strives to satisfy customers and clients. Should be able to understand what the customer wants and delivering it flawlessly.
- Quality: Must be a person who thinks of quality and continuous improvement in his/her work.
- Proven track record of professional integrity and confidentiality in handling public resources
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with teams in the organisation at all levels
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application forms, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below:
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 20th September 2019 by 5:00 PM
NB: No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (refer to above).