Job Title: Coffee Merchandiser
Organization: Java House
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Java House is one of the leading coffee houses with branches all of over East Africa. Our coffee houses would not be what they are without the effort, commitment and passion of the Java House team who make sure each branch is a place where everyone feels at home. Quality and professionalism are deeply rooted in our culture and we ensure that every cup poured and every plate served is a reflection of our promise of offering only the best.
Job Summary: The Coffee Merchandiser mainly provides assistance to coffee operations in-charge in ensuring all coffee operations & budgeted sales volume are achieved through maintaining the allocated shelf space in supermarket(s) by ensuring its tidy, well stocked and replenishments are done on time, and also through making product presentations, product sampling, answering to potential customers questions, and understanding customer needs and worries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the Java coffee is always available presentable & allocated shelf is always tidy in the listed retailers’ outlets.
- Checking on stocks-outs and initiate ordering with the procurement team to accordingly arrange for replenishment.
- Checking on slow-moving and short expiries informing the sales manager for a solution.
- Ensuring that prices are correctly marked, and shelf labels are properly marked.
- Collecting market intelligence.
- Conducts sales promotions as planned by the sales manager.
- Work as a team player to ensure each customer receives the best service possible.
- Reporting back to the sales manager on customer feedback and their needs so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Assists in payments/Cheques collection.
- Assists in any other duty that might be assigned to them.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in account Portfolio Management
- Sales; Account planning and associated activity planning
- A network of café and industry contacts
- Achieving set sales and volume targets
- High-value client acquisition & success in exceeding sales targets
- Successful track record managing relationships
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Establishing a viable account and activity plans
- FMCG experience will be highly regarded
- Developing and managing high-value customer relationships
- Portfolio management
- Account and activity planning
- Time management
- Strong sales and territory management skills.
- Self-motivation and ambitious nature.
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications online at the link below.