Kampala, Uganda | By Krisna Garcia | Bone broth is similar to chicken broth, but both differ slightly. The use of broth has been famous in many cultures and traditions. It is known for its energy-providing and health-promoting qualities.
It works wonders for your gut and immunity and makes you stay younger with its anti-aging components. Broths make staying healthy much more manageable.
The world is opting for healthier options, and pro-fitness trends are on the go. Everyone seems to be concerned about their health. While there are many ways to keep your health up-to-date, the food we eat also plays an important role. By incorporating good quality bone broth in your diet, you can ensure that you stay in good shape.
Is Chicken Broth Bone Broth – Difference Between the Two
Bone broths and chicken broths are not the same. Bone broths are made by letting bones and ligaments simmer in water over a long period so that the water absorbs all the goodness and minerals in them. The bones can be from any source like chicken, turkey, or beef.
On the contrary, chicken broth is made by adding chicken meat into the water and letting it simmer. Bone broth is often more concentrated. While meat is an essential source of protein, we usually skip the nutrition bones have to offer. So is chicken broth bone broth? No! They’re not the same. If you’re a chicken meat lover, you can prepare chicken bone broth and enjoy it alone or add it to your meals.
What Is Chicken Bone Broth – How to Make It
Chicken bone broth is a bone stack made by using the bones of the chicken. Everyone loves chicken meat, but have you ever thought about having chicken bones for breakfast or lunch? Probably not! Well! It would be best if you started thinking about chicken bones because they are full of energy and very health-giving. No! You’re not going to eat them. You’re going to enjoy their broth. Do you want to know how you can prepare chicken bone broth? Here’s how:
- For chicken bone broth, you need chicken bones of good quality. Make sure that the chickens are from a good farm and healthy
- You might want to add chicken feet, wings, and neck because they are collagen-rich. Collagen is very beneficial for your skin hair and joints
- First, you blanch the chicken bones out and then add them a slow-cooking pot
- Add water in the bowl and let the bones give out their juices
- You can add some apple cider vinegar to your broth to make it more vibrant. The acid helps the juices to run out of the bones and into the bone broth
- Let the bones simmer until the stock is rich and flavorful
- You can have the stock plain or add seasonings of your choice. Many people prefer adding salt and some herbs to make the bone stock more appetizing
- Serve in a bowl or add it as an ingredient in your soups and dishes
Follow these steps, and enjoy some fresh home-made chicken bone broth!
Benefits of Chicken Bone Broth
Chicken bone broth has many health benefits. It is super easy to make and loved by everyone. Also, many dishes use chicken bone broth as an essential ingredient. The benefits of chicken bone broth include:
- It provides collagen which helps you halt the aging process by rejuvenating damaged skin and hair
- It has important amino acids that your body requires and boosts energy levels
- Chicken bone broth helps you with weight loss and keeps you full
- Drinking broth regularly reduces inflammation and keeps your gut in good shape
- With some seasonings, it is a treat to your taste buds
Making chicken bone broth is very easy and extremely economical. Chicken and chicken bones are readily available. If you don’t want to go through all the inconvenience of waiting while making the chicken bone broth, you can buy pre-prepared chicken bone broth from the market or order it online. Enjoy your broth, and keep yourself well!