Kampala, Uganda | By Michael Wandati | Nutritionists and health bloggers alike swear by green tea for its cleansing and dietary benefits. Yet, by consuming it regularly, it can not only cleanse you on the inside, but also purify your skin of any problems with wrinkles or acne.
If you are a person suffering from acne for a long time, you probably know what causes them. Hormonal issues, poor diet based on processed foods, dairy and sugars, and also high levels of systemic inflammation, often linked to acne sufferers.
Wrinkles are usually the result of aging, smoking, drinking, and another factor not perpetrated by our habits – UV light exposure.
Why green tea?
Just like apples, spinach, strawberries, and a hundred other herbs, fruits and vegetables, green tea leaves are rich in polyphenols and antioxidants.
Polyphenol is a natural, organic chemical that fights more serious problems in our body, but also the underlying cause of acne and wrinkles: DNA damage caused by UV light exposure, inflammation and weakened immune system.
How to include green tea in your everyday routine?
There are two simple ways. One is to drink it as actual tea (unsweetened, preferably), between three and six cups a day. Brew it for 3 to 4 minutes in boiling water, and always drink it freshly made, never cold.
If possible, find a health food store where you can buy actual leaves instead of tea bags, since the grinding process bagged tea leaves go through tends to weaken their effect. For best results, avoid mass-market brands.
The other way to utilize green tea leaves, if you just cannot give up your daily cup of coffee, is to apply it directly on your skin.
Read Also: What can CoQ10 do for me?
Below are some of the reasons in summary why you should drink Green Tea
- Drinking green tea slows down aging.
- Green tea help neutralize free radicals.
- Green tea act as a cleaning mechanism in the blood which is good for cardiovascular health.
- Drinking green tea helps to reduce stress, prevents inflammation, fight infections and strengthen the immune system.
- Drinking green tea prevents oxidation and deterioration of the heart muscle.
- For those trying to loose weight or slim down, you definitely need green tea.
- Green tea is also anti-carcinogenic (destroys cancer cells), also prevents infertility.