Job Title: Head of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Organization: PostBank Uganda Ltd (PBU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PostBank Uganda Ltd (PBU), is a 100% Government owned Bank regulated by Bank of Uganda (BoU) under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. PostBank’s strategic direction is to be the financial institution of choice for the mass market with specific emphasis on players in the micro, small and medium size enterprises (MSME’s), and also along the agriculture value chain.
To lead the provision and delivery of ICT Services, oversee projects & strategies of the Bank whilst taking into account IT market developments. As Head of the function, will ensure a robust systems and IT infrastructure, contribute to Banks strategic decision making, participate in corporate initiatives, and represent the Bank in ICT related matters when required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the COO/ED and appropriate staff on developing the Bank’s ICT strategy and annual operational plan, ensuring synergy with organisational strategy and direction.
- Lead a team of IT and communications professionals to implement the ICT strategy and other policy documents, oversee the ICT business change programme and deliver various business critical and support systems to a range of users across the Bank all the time.
- Keep abreast of technology trends which offer solid, appropriate, cost-effective ICT solutions to the Bank.
- Oversee the development and delivery of ICT products and services, in accordance with agreed service and performance standards, industry best practice and in alignment with Bank objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Control and manage capital expenditure and budgets, ensuring expenditure within the ICT function is appropriately managed, based on lean management principles, quality of service commitment and performance management.
- Participate in the procurement, supply and negotiation of ICT goods and services for the Bank in conjunction with Projects and Logistics professionals, as appropriate.
- Oversee all people management matters within the function. This includes the development of teams and individuals so as to enhance performance and potential.
- To manage the relationship with all key stakeholders both internally and externally and maintain appropriate communications forums with them.
- To maintain an ICT strategy that ensures the Bank is prepared for changes in the nature of its business, ICT and the needs of the local community.
- Perform such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
- · Update Executive committee with all the technology changes in place and work out a mechanism of updating the platforms to enable the bank keep a competitive position through appropriate technology platforms.
- Administer service contracts with ISPs to maintain the highest level of service to the Branches and minimize any network downtime due to technical di¬culties; coordinates with ISPs for maintenance and installation; oversee maintenance and management of critical network elements
- Coordinate and update top management on all vendors of computer systems to ensure the bank maintains a good relationship with vendors to have a better service guarantee from the vendors
- Coordinate the processes of updating the intranet to ensure standard procedures in the department
- Coordinate the business improvement processes to ensure that the bank keeps operating e¬ciently through automation
- Work with other department heads to implement automation processes aimed at improving e¬ciency in the banks different areas of operations
- · Evaluate all ICT updates/upgrades and advise management on all changes in the technology platform bearing in mind the costs and benefits.
- Prepare and test the bank’s disaster recovery plans for information systems
- · Regularly prepare Management reports on the departmental activities.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as and when required by other stake-holders
- IT Equipment Vendor management
- Overall Supervisory responsibility involving sta¬ng, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates
- Ensure a centralised Help-desk service is provided to all staff members.
- Monitor compliance with ICT best practice, policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Computer Management/Information Technology or relevant IT related Qualification.
- Possession of a Certified banking qualification or master’s degree in a relevant field would be an added advantage.
- Relevant Practical training in ICT management in the financial services sector.
- Professional Certification such as Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), Sun Solaris Systems/Network/Security Administrator, Cisco Certification etc, are desirable.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills with good organizational and administrative skills
- Sound knowledge of general banking law and operational practices
- Ability to translate strategy into achievable performance objectives
- At least seven years’ professional experience in ICT Management, 4 of which must have been in banking, in a management role including delivery of major projects.
- Must be result driven, critical thinking, analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills with ability to think strategically and logically.
- Good knowledge of best practices in ICT in the banking industry
- Working experience in LAN/WAN environment.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and or Oracle Administration, preferably on Sun Solaris Environment.
- Good management skills of technical support staff.
- Current Knowledge of Computer Hardware and So ware trendy.
- Knowledge and skill in basic computer programming, preferably using c/c++, java, Oracle tools (SQL*PLUS and PL/SQL) and UNIX Shell scripting.
- Influential skills su¬cient to motivate staff to achieve results.
- Time management skills su¬cient to work in a fast paced environment on broad range of activities.
- Good leadership, results oriented, agile & adaptable, analytical and systematic thinking skills
- Liaising with vendors for quotations and supply of equipment and service delivery
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send your resume and certified copies of your academic documents to [email protected]
Deadline: 10th July 2020