The Board, Management and Staff of National Medical Stores (NMS) congratulate H. E Gen. Yoweri Kaguta Museveni on successful re-election.
We wish you a successful swearing-in ceremony as the President of the Republic of Uganda.
We thank God for how far he has brought NMS and for the milestones achieved thus far. Let us all keep the faith that our best days are ahead of us.For the Ugandans that we serve, help us serve you better by taking your individual responsibility seriously:
- Report theft of Government Medicines and Medical Supplies to the nearest Police Stations or Health Monitoring Units.
- Do not pay for any medicines or medical supplies with the words, “GOVERNMENT OF UGANDA, NOT FOR SALE”.
NMS is convinced that knowledge is the best medicine and that preventive health will signiﬁcantly reduce the demand for medicines while maintaining the good health of all Ugandans.
This is because of the diseases that we take to the health facilities, are preventable 75% (Source: MoH). This means that out of every 100 patients that come to our health facilities, 75 of them would not be there if they took personal responsibility for their health.
As we grapple with the challenges of COVID-19 Pandemic, we add our voice to that of H.E the President and the Ministry of Health (MoH) in urging you to do all that is within your means to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our country.
Always remember to:
- Wash your hands with soap and use a hand sanitizer
- Keep a good distance from your neighbor of not less than two meters when you are in any public space (Social Distancing).
- Wear a facemask whenever you are in any public spaces.
- Be your neighbors’ keeper by ensuring that you report people that are within your community and have persistent coughing or high temperature.
Never before has there been a time in the history of our country when your individual and personal responsibility in adhering to simple but very important instructions given by Ministry of Health, has made all the difference in stopping the spread of a disease and saving our nation.
You have the opportunity and responsibility to stop the spread of COVID-19 in Uganda, as we secure our future together