Job Title: Driver
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was established under the National Environment Act Cap. 153 to promote and ensure sound environmental management practices for sustainable development in Uganda.
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) on behalf of the Government of Uganda is executing a 4-year Global Environment Facility/United Nations Environment Programme supported Project on “Institutional Capacity Strengthening for Implementation of the Nagoya Protocol on Access to Genetic Resources and Benefit Sharing in Uganda”. The development goal of the project is to conserve Uganda’s genetic resources and associated traditional knowledge and access and share the benefits arising out of their utilization in an equitable and sustainable way while the project objective is to strengthen institutional capacity for effective implementation of the Nagoya Protocol and conduct effective awareness campaigns on Access to Genetic Resources and Benefit Sharing (ABS) in Uganda.
The Driver will transport staff and documents to partners as required. The driver is responsible for timely and safe transportation of project team, delivery of documents and any other item(s) as may be required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide safe driving services to staff to various locations including travel to field areas
- Logging official trips, daily mileage, gas/fuel consumption among others
- Ensuring that the vehicle is serviced on time
- Ensuring that the vehicle is properly maintained and kept clean at all times
- Follow the rules and procedures on the management of the vehicle as required
- Ensuring that his/her driving license is valid at all times
- Adhering to and following traffic regulations at all times
- Promptly report cases of damage to the vehicle or accident for purposes of enabling the supervisor to intervene in a timely manner
- Regularly inspect the validity of the vehicle’s license, insurance, and inform the immediate supervisor when the renewal is due
- Delivering documents and related materials while safe carrying of documents, parcels or other materials entrusted to him for transporting as assigned by the supervisor;
- Assists in logistical preparations as and when necessary
- Perform official errands as required
- Performs any other tasks as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Qualifications: A minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education. Any other additional relevant qualifications are an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years of work experience, 2 of which must be in similar position in a reputable organization or government.
- At least two classes of either CH, DH, DM or E is essential.
- Skills in mechanics and defensive driving are essential;
- Have good communication skills
- Knowledge of road safety rules
- Ability and experience in driving on bad roads
- Honesty and transparency
- Ability to drive long distances
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Good communication, writing and reporting skills
- Versatile and good at team work
- Basic elementary knowledge of motor vehicles mechanics including being able to undertake minor repairs
How to Apply:
All potential Candidates should submit applications in their own handwriting and deliver them by hand, through post office or by email enclosing copies of CERTIFIED certificates/transcripts and detailed curriculum vitae indicating 3 referees addressed to:
The Executive Director,
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA),
NEMA House, Plot 17/19/21 Jinja Road,
P.O. Box 22255 Kampala, Uganda
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: 10th December 2021 by 5.00 pm