CONGRATULATORY MESSAGE 2022
The Board of Directors, Management and Staff of National Medical Stores (NMS) congratulates the President of the Republic of Uganda. H.E Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, Cabinet, Parliament, the Judiciary and the people of Uganda as we celebrate the 36th NRM Liberation anniversary.
We thank God for the far he has brought us and for the milestones our Country has achieved. Let us all keep the faith that our best days are ahead of us.
The theme for the 36th NRM anniversary is: A call to duty for all compatriots to contribute towards Uganda’s Social economic transformation journey.
• Report theft of Government Medicines and Medical Supplies to the nearest Police Station or to the State House Health Monitoring Unit. Do not pay for any medicines or medical supplies labelled, “Government of Uganda: NOT FOR SALE”.
• Prevent Diseases: 75% of the diseases that we take to the health facilities are preventable!! This means that out of every 100 Patients that come to our health facilities,75 of us would not be there if we took personal responsibility for our health. As we grapple with the challenges of COVID-19 Pandemic, we add our voice to that of H. E the President of the Republic of Uganda and the Ministry of Health in urging you to do all that is within your means to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our Country.
Always remember to:
- Do all that is within your means to stop all preventable diseases including COVID-19
- Continue observing the Ministry of Health Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); including wearing of the face mask when you are in public spaces.
- Visit a designated health facility to receive your COVID-19 Vaccination; and a booster dose for those that are eligible.
- Be your neighbour’s keeper by ensuring that you report people that are within your community and have persistent coughing or temperature.
Read Also: NMS Celebrating 35 Years of NRM Leadership
Never before has there been a time in the history of our Country when your individual and personal responsibility in adhering to simple, but very important instructions given by Ministry of Health, has made all the difference in stopping the spread of a disease and saving our Nation. You have the opportunity and responsibility to stop the spread of COVID-19 in Uganda.