Job Title: Computer Laboratory Technician
Organization: Islamic University in Uganda (IUIU)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: ICT Manager
The Islamic University in Uganda (IUIU) is a multi-campus University offering courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The main objective of the University is to serve the higher education needs of the Muslim communities in the English-Speaking African countries, although the University has a substantial number of non-Muslim students and staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out routine Computer and other accessories repairs and servicing.
- Conduct routine computer maintenance in the computer laboratories.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Computer Laboratory Technician must hold a Diploma in Electric and Electronic Engineering or a Diploma in Computer Science and Information Technology. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science will be an added advantage.
- Professional Certifications such CCNA, MCITP, CompTIA, REDHAT will also be an added advantage
- At least three years of working experience in an active IT Environment
Note: Other benefits for the posts include housing allowance of 20% of basic salary and free medical treatment for self, spouse (s) and four biological children below 18 years of age at the University Health Center.
How to Apply:
All prospective job seekers should send 5 sets of handwritten application letters including copies of an up to date curriculum vitae (with all supporting documents attached on each application letter), and two (2) separate sealed letters from referees, For details, contact the Office of the University Secretary, Islamic University in Uganda, P.O. Box 2555, Mbale, and Tel: 0393512101. The document should reach the Office of the University Secretary, Islamic University in Uganda, P.O BOX 2555, Mbale or the University Liaison Officer at King Fahd Plaza plot 52 Kampala Road, Uganda.
Deadline: 20th August 2018