Job Title: Drivers (3 Job Vacancies)
Organization: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Northern, Eastern & Western Regions, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Fleet & Administration
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Drivers will drive Bank staff, consultants and visitors as needed, run office errands, collect mail and deliver packages/mail from the post office, maintain office vehicle fuelled, in clean and serviceable manner, follow up with vehicle maintenance regulations and licenses and make recommendations to the Manager, Fleet & Administration for necessary actions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive employees/visitors of the Bank to different destinations as approved by the Manager – Fleet & Administration.
- Maintain a log book showing vehicle movement.
- Maintain office vehicle in clean and serviceable manner.
- Follow up with vehicle maintenance regulations and licenses.
- Handle transport in a careful and professional manner
- Operates and maintains company vehicle safely and efficiently, whether manual or standard transmission.
- Handles all physical requirements (lift at least 25 kgs) for loading, transporting and driving without assistance.
- Executes accurate and timely handling of Bank delivery requests.
- Follow DOT regulations and standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Driver job placement must hold a Uganda Certificate Education holder or equivalent or similar
- Possession of a valid driver’s license Classes B & O and a good driving record
- Five years of driving experience in a corporate set up
- Demonstrate safe and efficient driving skills with an accident free record
- Good knowledge of Ugandan roads, terrain and traffic rules
- Good understanding of automobiles and their functionalities
- Ability to exhibit self-motivated & self-driven capabilities
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work extra hours when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a pleasant & accommodating approach.
- Computer proficient.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in paperwork.
- Pay attention to detail, accuracy and a sense of urgency when handling records.
- Be ready for a physically demanding role – heavy lifting is required.
- Fit, healthy and able to achieve delivery targets on a daily basis.
- Communicates in a friendly professional manner with clients and co-workers.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 17th June 2019
NB: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.