Job Title: Data Manager
Organisation: Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Planning and Strategic Information
Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC) was established in 1992 by an Act of Parliament (Cap 208) and is under the Office of the President of the Republic of Uganda. The Act provides for the Commission to Oversee, Plan and Coordinate AIDS Prevention and Control activities throughout Uganda.
Job Summary: The Data Manager will develop and maintain a systematic process of data collection, analysis and dissemination for evidence based policy formulation and decision making and advocacy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out statistical analyses and reporting on the HIV/AIDS response
- To carry out Mathematical modeling simulations for the HIV/AIDS response
- Provide analytical reports to inform the development of the Integrated Annual Work plan for Self Coordinating Entities
- Provide analytical reports to inform UAC strategic plan formulation, monitoring and evaluation
- Provide analytical reports to inform Quarterly reviews of the implementation of the Integrated Annual Work Plan for SCEs To compile reports to inform the quarterly reports to HE the President, OPM, MOFPED, Development Partners and other key stakeholders on status of implementation of the national response in conformity with agreed reporting requirements
- Provide analytical reports to inform the budget preparation for UAC in line with MTEF planning and budgeting process geared towards financing UAC operations and the NSP
- To manage and implement software systems and web content management
- To evaluate, select and implement enterprise software solutions
- Design and maintain Websites
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in Computer science, Statistics, Information technology or Information Systems from a reputable institution
- A Bachelors degree in Computer science, Statistics, Information technology or Information Systems from a reputable institution
- At least three years of post graduate qualification in a Government or a reputable organization.
- Experience in data programming, processing and analysis through such statistical software programs as STATA, CSPro, SPSS
- Demonstrated knowledge of current programming methodologies and practices, including web based application.
- Good knowledge of HIV/AIDS M&E and Research in Uganda;
- Knowledge of website and database management and maintenance;
- Knowledge of the DHIS2 system is an added advantage.
- Effective Communication skills;
- Project planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Team work, networking and interpersonal Relations
- Planning, organizing and coordinating;
- Assertive and good at decision making;
- Ethics and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should provide a cover letter expressing interest in the job, a detailed CV, including present position, names, addresses, and phone contacts of three professional referees, copies of professional/ educational certificates and copies of previous appointments. Please send it to:
The Director General,
Uganda AIDS Commission,
Plot 1-3 Salim Bay Road Ntinda,
P.O Box 10779 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 30th September 2019 by 5.00pm.