Job Title: Web Designer
Organisation: Uganda Solar Energy Association
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Communications and Membership Manager
Uganda Solar Energy Association (USEA) is an independent nonprofit association dedicated to facilitating the growth and development of solar energy business in Uganda and the East African region. USEA formed in 2016 by private sectors companies that deal in solar energy business, with help from private sector foundation, ministry of energy and rural electrification agency and registered it under Section 10 of the Societies Act.
Job Summary: Primary duties of the Web Designer include conceptualizing and implementing creative ideas for the websites, as well as creating visual elements that are in line with our company branding. You will be working closely with our communications team to ensure a proper and hassle-free implementation.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have excellent visual design skills and be proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualizing creative ideas with the rest of the team.
- Testing and improving the design of the website.
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients.
- Working with different content management systems.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes.
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites.
- Designing sample pages including colors and fonts.
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a relevant degree/diploma in related field.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send applications to [email protected]
Deadline: 15th February 2020