Job Title: Office Intern (No Experience Job Opportunities)
Organization: Pathway Impact (PI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pathway Impact (PI) is redefining human development in a new and exciting way. We exists to address the areas we feel matter the most (Education, Health and Community Development). We work to address the pressing social challenges that many Ugandans face through mutually beneficial partnerships with like-minded organizations and compassionate individuals that are eager about learning, exploring, impacting others and experiencing personal growth.
PI is a Ugandan-based organization that promotes experiential learning, community development and cultural exchange through international travel, volunteerism and student mobility. We are now looking to add an additional member of staff (intern) to our team to support the office operational activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides a welcoming, professional and customer-oriented service to clients
- Schedules events, office appointments, and assists with student applications.
- Manages incoming calls, makes follow up calls, and responds to general inquiries online, on phone or in person.
- Handles office related billing, invoicing and payment activities (basic bookkeeping)
- Conducts basic desktop research as needed and also contributes towards the writing of reports, articles, blogs and related documents
- Participates in promotional and marketing events which may require conducting presentations and travel
- Creates knowledge sharing documents and occasionally updates the company’s online platforms
- Manages files (electronic and document), records meeting minutes, and also manages the general office outlook.
- Serves as an essential office contact and coordinates with international partners
- Carries out logistical support, mobilization and planning with local organization and service providers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Previous experience as an office administrator is preferred but not mandatory
- Familiarity with adventure tourism, community development and international education is desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, graphics software and basic computer skills is essential
- Strong oral and written communication, ability to follow instructions carefully and pay special attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple tasks, work under pressure at peak times, and set priorities
- Ability to exercise initiative and work independently
- Positive, service-oriented approach to tasks, and an eagerness to assist
- Ability to learn new skills, use new technologies and apply new knowledge
- Demonstrated high levels of energy, initiative, and integrity
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and IT skills– (Social media/online advertising and graphics design experience is a plus)
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a cover letter and updated resume/CV. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. Email to: [email protected]
Deadline: 15th January 2020