Job Title: Online Platforms Manager
Organization: Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs:
Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) is a leader in strategic communication and research that facilitates access to information and exchange of knowledge to improve health. CCP has more than 60 projects that employ staff in more than 40 countries around the world. CCP has unparalleled experience as a global center for Social and Behavioral Change (SBC) excellence. Through its projects, CCP harnesses the power of social and behavior change communication to encourage the adoption of healthy behaviors through their projects implemented worldwide.
The Online Platforms Manager will be the main point person responsible for overseeing the management, strategic growth, and member engagement of the Springboard and The Compass digital platforms.
Springboard is a virtual platform for building, strengthening and maintaining the global community of Social and Behavior Change (SBC) practitioners. The Compass is a curated collection of SBC resources offering the highest quality “how-to” tools and packages of materials from SBC projects.
The Online Platforms Manager will lead strategic thinking and development for the Springboard and The Compass platforms, in line with the objectives of the Breakthrough ACTION project. This involves ensuring program implementation and success across the Springboard and The Compass initiatives, supporting increased engagement through information exchange and conversations on Springboard, and ensuring SBC professionals’ resource needs are met through The Compass’ collections and materials.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic development and guidance of Springboard and The Compass:
- Generate and envision new strategic direction and goals for Springboard and The Compass, revising and implementing a strategy that incorporates sustainability planning.
- Develop annual workplans that establish activities that will lead to achievement of the platforms’ strategy.
- Work with SBCC Summit planning team to promote integration of Springboard into the event.
- Work with country team leads to integrate Springboard and The Compass into country strategies and annual workplans.
- Contribute to design and implementation of plans to obtain user feedback, audience insights and to measure the impact of the platforms.
- Identify fund-raising and growth opportunities for Springboard and The Compass to support financial sustainability.
Supporting day-to-day engagement in Springboard:
- Oversee and support community managers in facilitating meaningful member engagement through virtual dialogue and exchange.
- Provide support to potential contributors globally to support engagement on Springboard.
- Promote and support staff to maintain a presence on Springboard and share their key activities, ideas and approaches on the site.
- Collaborate with staff, Springboard members, and topical experts to identify interesting SBC-related technical updates.
- Identify opportunities to grow participation in Springboard.
Supporting collection of materials and maintenance of The Compass:
- Provide technical assistance and review products, including country pages, Trending Topics, and blogs.
- Oversee maintenance, including upgrades, security updates, and broken links reviews.
- Ensure content is strategic and linked with user needs.
- Manage production of annual workplans and budgets, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Approve and manage overall editorial calendar for both platforms.
- Track performance based on project monitoring plan and platforms strategy.
- Initiate, track and monitor procurements, contracts, work plans and other administrative and programmatic documents.
- Use tools, processes, best-practices and colleague review to ensure all products and documents are of the highest quality possible.
- Demonstrate high level of technical communication, including writing reports, creating and giving presentations, and facilitating trainings or group discussions.
- Liaise with internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with the Communications Team on producing content (case studies, blogs, reports, etc.) to highlight Springboard and The Compass successes and lessons learned.
- Approve design of new technical features and upgrades to platforms.
- Support platform maintenance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least five years of related experience required. Masters degree (M.A., MHS, MPH) preferred. Additional relevant experience and/or training may substitute for some education.
- Experience in community management and engagement.
- Leadership and management expertise.
- Experience in content management systems preferred.
- International experience preferred.
- Foreign language abilities preferred.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates based in low and middle income countries are encouraged to apply and are preferred and send a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected]
Deadline: 15th November 2020