Job Title: Receptionist
Organisation: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
The Receptionist will be responsible for customer care, collection, sorting, keyboard entry and secure storage of data forms processed at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a warm, clean and welcoming front desk and waiting area atmosphere at all times. Ensure availability of drinking water in the dispensers, neat noticeboards, decent radio, television or video programs to watch and soft inspirational music in the internal ceiling system.
- Welcome patients, answer the desk phone and call back clients.
- Be observant in the waiting area and attend to patients who may require additional assistance such as those who may need a wheel chair, noting those who have waited long and helping to shorten their stay. Notify triage nurses about those who look unwell.
- Assist patients who have inquiries and provide clients with information on what is happening in the clinic through one on one encounters and also by engaging them in health education talks.
- Regularly educate clients on their rights and publicize the suggestion box outside at the building entrance for anonymous feedback to clinic management on the services received.
- Check clients in for appointments through the EMRx and pre- call to remind newly enrolled clients to attend their appointments until they make 6 months in the clinic.
- Receive and register newly referred/ linked patients on every clinic day, assign each a distinctive clinic number, make and update appointments in line with clinic flow guidelines.
- Handle mail, file records and make sure all clinic offices are running smoothly in order for clients to be attended to in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Baylor Receptionist job should hold a Higher certificate or diploma in humanities studies, education, social works, public administration or their equivalent
- At least two years of experience
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.