Job Title: Delivery Clerk
Organization: National Medical Stores (NMS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Transport and Logistics Officer
Reference Number: NMS/2020/31
National Medical Stores (NMS) is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament in 1993. Our mandate is to Procure, Store and Distribute medicines and other medical supplies to health facilities.
Job Summary: The Delivery Clerk will ensure supplies remain intact from time of hand over at NMS until they reach the desired destination in line with the Stores and Operations Manual.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To account for supplies handed over or distributed by the Delivery Clerk which include Trip authorization forms, delivery notes/ invoices, manifests, and or journey numbers.
- To ensure all picked and packed supplies are dully scanned, recorded in the security book and loaded on the assigned vehicle to be delivered to the desired destination.
- To supervise the offloading of supplies for accountability of supplies at the destined facility and ensure they are handed over in totality.
- To ensure that different supplies are handed over as per the guidelines of the Stores and Operations Manual i.e. both for none and cold chain items.
- To ensure verification of delivered supplies is done to the satisfaction of the intended recipients in line with the Stores and Operations Manual.
- To ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines at all times (to include but not limited to using safety gear).
- To maintain required delivery records.
- To help the drivers change /fix tyres.
- To guide the driver while reversing the trailer/ vehicle.
- To signal to traffic while turning on road junctions or corners.
- To identify any risk(s) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the National Medical Stores (NMS) Delivery Clerk job opportunity must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education
- Vehicle Mechanics training is an added advantage
- A valid driving license is an added advantage
- Training in Defensive Driving is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit an online application. Please scan your academic qualifications: Degree/Diploma qualifications, Curriculum Vitae, Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education, Uganda Certificate of Education and other relevant academic documents and National Identity Card (both faces) and submit them online at the link below:
The application letter should be addressed as below and should be scanned and sent online to:
The Chief Human Resource and Administration Officer,
National Medical Stores (NMS),
P.O Box 16, Entebbe,
Plot 4-16 Nsamizi Road,
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us, one month from the date of closure of receipt of applications, consider your application unsuccessful.
- Candidates should attach all relevant academic documents as One File
- Please note that National Medical Stores reserves the right to verify documents attached with the relevant awarding institutions to authenticate their validity. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. National Medical Stores is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: Tuesday 19th May 2020 by 5: 00pm.