Job Title: Product Owner
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SafeBoda is a startup on a mission to make motorcycle taxis (bodas) more safe, affordable, and convenient across Sub-Saharan Africa—while providing a more meaningful and lucrative career for drivers. And we think we have a shot to build a very valuable tech company in the process. SafeBoda is growing fast with our mobile app in terms of completed rides in Kampala, Uganda. We are venture backed with investors from Silicon Valley, UK, Africa and Asia and we have high ambitions to scale our solution rapidly across East and West Africa.
As a Product Owner at SafeBoda you will lead product development for one of SafeBoda’s business verticals. You are responsible for shaping the product roadmap, developing the product positioning, designing a product that customers will love and owning the growth strategy for the product. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and passionate person to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast-paced company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all dimensions of product development for the SafeBoda applications: visioning, long-term roadmapping, daily prioritization, feature design, development, and user experience testing.
- Be the champion of the product – make the tough calls. Support the development team and hold them accountable.
- Manage and lead a growing team and work with the CTO and Senior Leadership to steer product development.
- Oversee the product testing and iteration with a strong focus on user-centred-design. This means understanding the customer needs and being the voice of the customer.
- Communicating with stakeholders on the product, its development, performance, opportunities.
- Serve as customer and business proxy to the engineering team, communicating business vision, strategy and interests to the product and engineering teams.
- Oversee product support activities and initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Four years of experience in product management, development and design, delivering highly successful and innovative products that customers love.
- Have an understanding of software development and agile development methodologies.
- Focused on building businesses, not simply features. Entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics.
- You are excited to become a master of our product, have great knowledge of our market, customers and competition.
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble and excited to work with in a team with a diverse set of experiences, backgrounds, and skills.
- Possess strong data analysis skills. Be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve like a boss.
- Strong undergraduate degree (or higher) with demonstrated strong academic performance.
- Excitement for SafeBoda and what we are trying to achieve.
How to Apply:
Send an email to [email protected] attaching your CV and Application letter indicating why you are the right fit for the role.
Please use “Product Owner Application” as the email subject.