Job Title: Tellers (Several No Experience Customer Service Jobs)
Organisation: Orient Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Service Leader
Orient Bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Its steady growth over the last 20 years can be attributed to its professional management and prudent Lending and investment policy. The confidence in Orient Bank of the Ugandan business community in particular and the public in general, is reflected in its large deposit base. In November 2002 Orient Bank made another first in this economy by successfully out competing other Banks in taking over TransAfrica Bank Ltd., (TABL).
Job Summary: The Tellers will mainly provide exceptional customer service while processing deposits and pay out funds in accordance with bank procedures and accurately record all transactions and balance each day’s operations. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Teller will mainly accurately pay and receive cash on behalf of the bank.
- Balance work daily, and support the operations and service functions of the branch, including adherence to policies and procedures.
- Maintain the highest level confidentiality and integrity to both internal and external customers.
- The Teller will also buy and sell foreign currency using approved rates confirmed by Treasury.
- Process Money Transfer transactions using the available bank platforms
- The Teller will also respond to customer queries or refer them to the appropriate
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Orient Bank Teller jobs should hold Bachelor’s degrees or equivalent in any discipline (At least Second Class- Lower).
- The Tellers should have obtained Credits in Mathematics and English at O’ Level
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic electronic banking trends and developments
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Possess a strong numerical skill.
- Multilingual ability.
- Previous experience in sales and cash handling will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join Orient Bank as Tellers need to submit their applications, updated CVs and academic documents (O’ level, A’ level and University) in one attachment to [email protected] addressed to the Head Human Resources.
Deadline: 5th July 2019