Job Title: Helper
Organization: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Administration Associate
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations (UN) frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas: Saving lives in Emergencies; Building Resilience through Predictable Safety Nets; Improving Nutrition & Mother-and Child Health; and Supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets. WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Helper will support site maintenance services in providing cleaning, laundry, basic garden maintenance, porter duties and other related manual work, to ensure WFP premises are well-organised, kept in a clean & hygienic condition and are in compliance with the established standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform basic maintenance of outdoor/indoor environments, to keep them clean, well-organised and in a good condition.
- Provide support in loading/offloading and moving office equipment, furniture, baggage and other items for efficient site maintenance services.
- Support preparation and delivery of food and beverages, arrange for basic refurbishment and maintenance of kitchen area and equipment to facilitate efficient service.
- Provide laundry services including basic maintenance of related equipment, to ensure that WFP office and guesthouse items are clean.
- Provide efficient cleaning services including kitchens and toilets to ensure clean, hygienic and well-organised working environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Helper job placement should have no specific requirements. Completion of secondary school education is an advantage.
- One year or more of related work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of basic equipment and use of cleaning materials/solutions.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies related to work in a good working condition.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and meet the deadlines.
- High sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Punctuality, honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Language: Intermediate knowledge (level B) of the UN language in use at the duty station and fluency (level C) in the duty station’s language, if different.
NB: Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) are encouraged to submit their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 21st July 2019