Job Title: Accountant
Organization: Nile Village Hotel & Spa
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Nile Village Hotel & Spa creates personalized experiences for our guests that they will treasure for a lifetime. We are devoted to create an enduring relationships with our guests and staff members by providing a highly personalized service and courteous hospitality in an elegant atmosphere. Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people.
Job Summary: The Accountant will manage the preparation and examination of financial records of the hotel to ensure the customer accounts are accurate and follow up credit customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, profit and loss accounts and the balance sheet for senior management
- Producing an accurate set of month-end accounts, with comparisons to forecasts and previous periods monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Prepare budgets and business planning to guide the operation of the business including projected room revenue
- Reconcile bank statements, comply with financial regulations e.g. VAT & PAYE
- Prepare supplier payments, report bad debts and keeping a careful eye on the cash flow
- Submit reports on the daily night audit, daily profit and loss statement,
- Oversee stores stock level analysis,
- Undertake procurement analysis, daily food costing and submit reports
- Verify supplier / customer with source documents to resolve discrepancies and reconcile debtors on the system and physical documents to streamline balances
- Offer support in coordinating sales activities by sourcing new clients business and retaining existing clients and manage the long term relationship to ensure business continuity
- Carry out any duties that may be assigned to you from time to time by your supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accountancy or a related field.
- Possession of Accountancy CA, CPA is desired
- At least six years of working knowledge / relevant experience, of which 2 years should have been attained at a supervisory level.
- Knowledgeable in quick books, tally and hotel management soft-wares
- Practical working experience in Finance Department.
- Possession of analytical skills as well as business development skills is crucial,
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices, coupled with organizational and planning skills.
- Solid finance management skills and knowledge is essential.
- A mature stable person with settled family will be preferred
- High levels of integrity
- Self-starter and high level of self-motivation.
- Outstanding analytical skills/attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems in a calm, controlled manner.
- Capacity to work under pressure during busy periods.
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage deadlines.
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity
- Ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgment
How to Apply:
All candidates should send detailed CVs only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 20th December 2019