Job Title: Records Supervisor – Physical
Organisation: National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Records Manager
National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself to be the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of choice, providing exceptional customer service and better operations with a workforce that is well motivated and skilled.
As the Fund transitions to electronic records management and towards a paperless work life, the Supervisor-Physical Records will be responsible for supporting the Records Manager in delivering the electronic document records management project for NSSF. The Records Supervisor-Physical will also be responsible for directly supervising records officers, and records assistants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate activities of the central records repository for physical records and ensure timely records keeping and retrieval to users.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities for a team within the records section responsible for sorting physical records of the Fund.
- Supervise the sorting and develop inventory for records to be transferred to off-site and manage the daily retrieval requests from off-site/ Registry to meet the TAT of the department.
- Supervises and evaluates the work of the records team, both officers and records assistants, to include annual evaluations, daily supervision, operational procedures, scheduling of work, conduct and discipline of the team.
- Acts as the first call of expertise in Records management in the absence of the Records manager, leading the records team and coordinate all activities of scanning and digitization, registry as a clearing house and maintaining the physical inventory of the Fund.
- Analyze staff productivity, performance and quality to ensure the department meets, and exceeds productivity goals.
- Support the Head of Records in developing relevant EDRMS policies and procedures and user guides and support the Head Records to manage section budget to ensure optimization.
- Manage the processes of sorting and preparation of physical records ready for transfer into electronic formats for ADA intake.
- The physical supervisor manages the comprehensive NSSF records inventory and acts as the Liaison person between NSSF and off-site storage and scanning services.
- Spearhead amalgamation of all Fund records scattered in sections, departments and branch network for the good reason to support the “Business Continuity Plan-BCP” and centrally manage risk.
- Ensuring the accuracy of records in the records center and Archive by strict adherence of control measures.
- Ensuring timely Production of physical documents, providing adequate storage of physical records and protection of records integrity and authenticity; and be readily accessible to all users who need to use records contained within the Fund.
- Implementation of process retrievals and improvements that will reduce work load in the section, improved TAT & output in other processing sections of the fund.
- Ensure timely physical delivery of documents to users around the fund network. Monitor document/files movement among departments, sections and branches.
- Operate, care for and keep safe office equipment like scanners, copiers, computers, fire extinguishers, Shredders, binding machines, filing cabinets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Records Supervisor-Physical job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Records Management or a relevant discipline from a recognized University.
- Diploma in records management will be an added advantage.
- The applicant must have at least 3 years working experience in records management of which one year in a records supervisory role.
- Previous experience in electronic document records management project implementation
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure whilst taking responsibility for a variety of activities
- Computer Literacy
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to produce high quality reports
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Comfortable interacting with seniors and peers
- Strong self-leadership
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strategic Thinker
- Strong writing, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills – multi-task, plan for time and resources
How to Apply:
All interested individuals should send copies of academic credentials, application letters and detailed CV addressed to the Head of Human Resources & Administration to email@example.com for registration and onward transmission.
NB: Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Deadline: 15th September 2020