Job Title: Child Care Overseer
Organization: National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Administration Manager
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is a Provident Fund mandated to provide social security to its members as prescribed by law under CAP 222 (Laws of Uganda) through efficient management of members’ contributions. The NSSF asset base is currently over Ugx. 9.8 trillion, making the Fund one of the largest players in Uganda’s economy.
Job Summary: The Child Care Overseer is responsible for effecting the day to day running of the crèche by organising and implementing a stimulating and varied programme of activities for children aged two years and below within a group setting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the overall safety and wellbeing of the children.
- Provide a caring, stimulating environment for the children.
- Ensure a high standard of hygiene on the premises.
- Keep the parents and supervisors up-to-date on the condition of the children.
- Resolve operational issues of a minor nature.
- Ensure that rooms are prepared and set out in readiness for the day.
- Keep strictly confidential any personal information and records regarding the children, their parents and others.
- Ensuring the proper maintenance of crèche equipment and resources.
- Ensure sterilization of toys and play areas so that children are safe, engaging and in a clean environment.
- Clean and wash children when necessary
- Ensure that all policies governing the crèche are adhered to.
- Fully take part in all activities.
- Advise the supervisor of any matter requiring their attention.
- Attend meetings pertinent to Crèche operations.
- Assisting in budgeting for Crèche operations and activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have professional training in early childhood handling. Training in early childhood care.
- Three years of experience looking after young children in a pre-school day care, crèche, orphanage, babies’ home or related childcare environment.
- IT skills (MS Word/Excel)
- Supervisory skills;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to make decisions promptly and proactively
- Good knowledge and experience in child care environment and regulatory framework
- Organizational skills
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Friendly, caring and flexible
- Good listening skills, have patience, understanding and non-judgmental attitude
- Passion for looking after children
- Treatment of people in a courteous and respectful way
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae giving three references, copies of academic and professional certificates, postal address and daytime telephone contact to: firstname.lastname@example.org For the attention of; The Head of Human Resources & Administration National Social Security Fund
Deadline: 9th August 2019 by 5:00pm