Job Title: Front Desk Administrator
Organization: Egg Production Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Egg Production Uganda Ltd (EPL) is a start-up business in the commercial egg production sector based in Kiteete village, Mityana district, Central Uganda. Starting with a flock of 15,000 layers EPL plans to run a business that is socially, environmentally and economically sustainable.
Job Summary: The Front Desk Administrator will be responsible for the daily administrative support of day-to-day activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Front desk management by attending to various clients’ and suppliers’’ queries.
- Asset management (computers, laptops, office furniture, motorcycles, cars).
- Fleet management (cars and motorcycles).
- Managing and issuing of office consumables.
- Responsible for accurately inputting farm transactions into the inventory tracker ie feed receipts and issues, consumptions, mortalities, transfers, sales, egg collections and transfers vaccines and other consumables.
- To act as primary contact for all farm stationery needs.
- To manage daily staff attendance register.
- To prepare daily farm reconciliations on the inventory control sheet, farm operating data sheet to include egg collections and transfers, feed receipts and issues, daily flock movements.
- Ensure chicken bin cards are updated on a daily basis and compared to inventory control sheet.
- To ensure proper filling of all documents at the farm including files for feeds’ receipts and issues, eggs received and issued, birds received and transferred.
- Receive and make phone calls, take detailed messages for anyone unable to answer on line, attend to visitors and monitor lobby.
- Process and distribute incoming and outgoing mails.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Administration, SWASA, Social Sciences or related field
- Three years’ experience in handling administrative roles.
- The ideal candidate must have experience in providing daily administrative support to the whole farm.
- Candidates with experience in providing administrative support for a layer farm will have an added advantage.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Flexibility to work a non-traditional work schedule based on seasonal and situation demands including extended hours and workweek.
- Effective people management skills and ability to manage a large team.
- Knowledge of Inventory and administration management.
- Proficient computer skills especially Microsoft suite
- Able to work with minimum supervision, proactive and organized.
- Able to handle pressure and remain focused.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information and trustworthy.
How to Apply:
All candidates should email an updated CV and covering letter (preferably in Word format please) to [email protected]. Please also indicate the job you have applied for in the subject line of the email in BOLD/CAPITAL LETTERS.
Deadline: 7th February 2020